Villa Murat was built in the 17th century. Situated in the village of Annunziata, it belonged originally to the gentlmen Della Noce who bought various farms in Massa Lubrense. At the end of the ‘700’s, it was bought by the Rossi Family, originally from Amalfi, and as a result it was known as Villa Rossi for a long time.
The venerable congregation of the servants of Mary, known to the the Sorrento people as the "Congregazionella", is located in the Barnaba Chapel, behind the Cathedral.
this Pious institution was founded in 1717 by the then priest Francesco Anton Ruocco. It was founded to bring together the children of the town and was named "Sons or Servants of Mary".
The Ancient Walls of Sorrento are a rare example of viceregal walls still found in Southern Italy.
They were built in the sixteenth century when, constantly threatened by the incursions of the Turks of the Ottoman Empire who infested the Mediterranean with their ships, Sorrento became the scene of an organic urban change plan promoted by the Spanish Government.
Built in the fourteenth century, on a high limestone cliff, the Church of SS. Annunziata was the Cathedral of Vico Equense and its bishopric until 1799. It is a rare example of a Gothic church on the sorrento Coast.
In the sacristy are frescoes illustrating the series of bishops of Vico Equense. There are also paintings by Bonito and Palumbo, medieval frescoes, marble tombs of the bishops Cimmino (fourteenth century) and Regio (sixteenth century).
In the Cappuccini district in Sant’Agnello, not far from Piazzetta Marinella, vantage view point over the Gulf on Naples, are the Church and convent of the Friars Minor Capuchin.
They were both built in 1586 and dedicated to Our Lady of Porto Salvo.
In 1710 the convent, which had once before been rebuilt in the wake of the collapse of the rock on which it stood, was renovated and enlarged with the addition of a dormitory and a library with a collection of rare books.
In 1768 the church was expanded and became a place of shelter for the poor.