It owes its name to the Romans. Arrival point of a road that started from Vico Equense, crossing the Lattari mountains. Under the Bourbon dynasty, the current connection was made, improved over time, and which connects Castellammare to the Amalfi Coast. This is where a temple dedicated to Minerva once stood, replaced by an early Christian church and, in the eighteenth century, by the Basilica of the Madonna del Lauro, its patron saint.
The Greeks with the adjective “alimurei ζ” indicated one of their five landing points in the Sorrento Peninsula, characterized by the noisy flow of a waterfall that flowed into the sea at Alimuri. From 1650 the activity of the Alimuri shipyards developed which existed since 1200. But the economic boom ex